If you haven’t been living under a rock this past decade, chances are, you must have caught up on all the hype about Himalayan Salt. It is everywhere. Added to food as a condiment, in crockery, as food serving trays, as home décor and even as bricks and blocks.

What is it about pink salt that makes it so special? Read on as we take you on a ride to know all there is to know about Pink Salt Nutrition and the way you can benefit from it.

Why is Salt even important?

Salt is inarguably the life of all foods, irrespective of the dish made or the cuisine. Absence of salt results in unappetizingly bland food that is just unappealing.

Salt is basically just a mineral compound that mainly consists of Sodium Chloride. It can be extracted by either evaporating salt water or from salt mines around the word in rock form. The salt then goes through a series of industrial processes to undergo refining before it is packaged and reach the grocery stores..

What makes Himalayan Salt Special?

Mined from the second largest salt mine in the world, located in Khewra in the Punjab region of Pakistan, it gets its’ name from being found in a mountainous area.

It has a peculiarly pretty faint pink color to its appearance due to abundance of iron oxide found in it. In addition to that it has traces of minerals like calcium, magnesium and potassium among many more. It not only gives your food a more appealing appearance, it packs an even stronger flavor.

What truly sets it apart from all the other types of oil is the absence of all kinds of additives, preservatives and chemicals in it. It truly is an all-natural product. [1]

Chemical Composition of Pink Salt

Chemically pink salt is 98% Sodium Chloride while the other 2% consists of around 83 trace minerals ranging from magnesium, potassium and calcium to zinc, bromine, and europium.

The presence of all these wonderful minerals make pink salt an ideal health upgrade that is does amazing things for your wellbeing of your internal organs, your overall disposition and physical stamina. Turns out there really are perks to it being the purest salt form in the world.

What makes Pink Salt the Better Choice?

Common table salt goes through a series of refining processes where it is bleached, purified and then heated at high temperatures to make it consumable. As a result, it ends up losing most of its minerals.

Himalayan salt does not go through any of the above-mentioned processes, making it obviously the healthier and safer choice.

While iodine is artificially added to table salt in a difficult and unnatural processing phase. Rock salt on the other has natural traces of iodine. Additionally, the presence of anti-caking substances added in table salt makes it harder to dissolve inside our body.

Himalayan Pink Salt Benefits

Among the numerous health benefits of pink salt, the most prominent ones are:

  • Stabilizes and balances out blood pressure in the body
  • Improves osmosis in blood cells to regulate salt concentration
  • Improves the blood circulation
  • Prevents muscle cramps and eases pain relating to muscle soreness
  • Enhances the wellbeing of bones
  • Helps intestine absorb food better being a natural digestive
  • Helps enhance the proper metabolic functioning
  • Balances the pH of the body and reduces acid reflux
  • Works as a detoxifying agent
  • Slows down the ageing process by flushing out heavy metals
  • Reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases

Pink Salt Side Effects

Coming down to the other side of the debate, despite all the health benefits you should not forget that even Himalayan salt is mainly composed of Sodium Chloride.

Excess of sodium chloride may result in numerous health condition, the internet is full of literature to support that. In addition to that the trace minerals in pink salt only comprise 2% to its composition which isn’t enough to fulfill your body’s nutritional needs.

What sets it apart from the regular salt is not its’ composition but the crystals, sizes, texture and the way it is processed. Excess of anything is a way to the decline in overall health but when taken in moderation, pink salt nutrition can truly lead you towards a healthier lifestyle.

Conclusion

What you need to drill into your head here is that even though the nutritional value of trace minerals in pink salt isn’t high enough to make a difference, it is still better than that of table salt.

The isn’t as heavily processed as table salt and does not contain any anti-caking agents, additives, preservatives or any chemical bleaches. It truly is the purest form of salt on earth, free of any kind of toxins.

The health benefits may not seem huge but they are still enormous when compared to regular table salt. Coming from the Punjab region of Pakistan, 5000ft below Himalayan mountain range, this pink salt is God’s gift to the culinary community of the world.

Recommended Posts

No comment yet, add your voice below!


Add a Comment